- You can definitely use more ginger if you want a stronger ginger flavor
- If parsnips unavailable, substitute with carrots, Japanese sweet potato, sweet potato, or potato
- 1 small head or quarter of large cabbage can be of any variety
- Clean and roughly chop everything.
- Put in large soup pot, cover with water, cover with lid, bring to a boil.
- Once soup is at a boil, turn down to a simmer and simmer until vegetables are tender pierced with a fork.
- Turn off heat and cool.
- Use emersion blender or puree in batches in a regular blender.
- Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
*after stirring in salt and lemon, wait 1 min before tasting, and then adjust seasoning as necessary.
From the chef: This recipe is really easy to improvise no matter what quantity of ingredients you have. the flavor will vary slightly but always be delicious.